PROVIDING A COMPLETE SUITE OF SERVICES FOR BOTH OCCUPIERS AND TENANTS
TENANTS ARE IMPORTANT!
CARPE DIEM’S Tenant representation experts will create a winning real estate strategy based on your current and future needs.
OUR TEAM WILL
- Make sure you understand the selection process.
- Gather and deliver vital information covering current market conditions and trends, allowing you to make the optimum purchase decision.
- Map out potential complications and or tenant errors when planning relocation or renewal, keeping your business flow on the go.
- Provide tenant representation pros who are schooled in every aspect of the industry.
Around the world, the smartest businesses are harmonizing core business aims with their real estate and workplace strategies. The same holds true for doing business in the Greater Barrie Area and corporations are doing it with the help of Carpe Diem Asset & Property Management Inc. – Corporate Solutions. We’re keenly aware that your corporate real estate needs require one-of-a-kind solution. That’s why our team can work in guiding you to the correct decision-making lanes, whether dealing with your internal customers, or looking for details on a specific market or type of asset.
By teaming with Carpe Diem, examining the horizon of possibilities and utilizing the right strategies, the competitive leverage is all yours.
Carpe Diem takes pride in accountability, in all processes and results.
- We are driven to stay competitive with the industry, embracing the latest tools and technology.
- We continuously strive for ultimate impact via improvement programs.
- We use our Carpe Diem Asset & Property Management Inc. “Yardi Voyager Software System” — a cloud-based, up-to-the-minute business intelligence and dashboard system — as a customized, secure web portal to manage all activity, measure performance and make excellent, data-fuelled decisions.
- We rely on a detailed process that identifies gaps in alignment between a client’s core business aim and its corporate real estate function.
- Highest & Best Use Studies
- Feasibility Analysis
- Asset & Portfolio Management
- Acquisition Strategies & Strategic Positioning
- Strategic Planning
- Competitive Assessment
- Retail Potential Analysis Consolidation Advice
- Development Management
- Facilities Planning
- Project Budgeting / Scheduling
- Tenant Improvements
- Project Management
- Residential & Commercial Market Analysis
- Competitive Analysis
- Absorption Analysis
With Carpe Diem Asset & Property Management Inc. – Lease Audit Services – you’ll never pay more than is detailed in your lease and/or by industry standards. Our Lease Audit Services give you a critical, comprehensive analysis of all financial terms in your lease documentation as they relate to your landlord’s billings.
WHY YOU SHOULD GET A LEASE AUDIT
For many corporations, real estate occupancy ranks as one of the highest operating costs. And yet, we at Carpe Diem have discovered that this area does not get the attention it deserves, especially when you consider that a lease audit can be an effective way to enhance profitability.
SO… WHAT WILL YOU NEED TO BRING TO THE TABLE?
Carpe Diem Asset & Property Management Inc. will inspect copies of you lease, all amendments, renewals, your landlord’s billing statements, and accounts payable/accounting statements.
A LOOK AT THE LEASE AUDIT PROCESS
Part 1 – Internal Audit/Desk Audit
First, Carpe Diem Asset & Property Management Inc. will execute a detailed assessment of your landlord’s billings as they pertain to the lease documentation. This ensures that all costs have been factored in, in harmony with the terms of the lease and with industry standards. We will then construct a preliminary report, making you aware of any inconsistencies or concerns discovered in the assessment.
Part 2 – External Audit
If necessary (and agreed to, within the terms of the lease), Carpe Diem Asset & Property Management Inc. will – with your prior approval – conduct a review of the landlord’s books and records.
Part 3 – Conclusion, Negotiation and Recovery
If we detect irrefutable details displaying an overbilling, whether in Part 1 or Part 2 of this process, we will (again, with your approval) forward them to the landlord. At that point, we will seek a refund or credit to your account.
PROPERTY TAX SERVICES
Our Property Tax Services team has one major mission: to reduce the amount you pay in property tax. We do this through detailed consultation and advocacy services for owners (and users) of both industrial and commercial real estate. Our professionals will examine your property tax assessment and, if it is too high, assist you in making an appeal. We can produce positive results because we’ve put in the time and effort that adds up to vast industry knowledge.
REVIEWING YOUR PROPERTY TAX ASSESSMENT
At Carpe Diem, we believe you should pay your fair share of property tax – and not one cent more. If your situation does require an appeal hearing, we will confirm all pertinent assessment details and facilitate assessment review-period talks, in getting ready for appeal hearings. Included in this part of the process:
- Income and expense analysis
- Comparison of recent sales
- Local and regional market trends
- Assessed values of similar properties
- Highest and best use
- Zoning codes and uses
- Cost examination
Beyond these services, Carpe Diem can also uncover issues regarding tenant proportionate share, realty tax due diligence, and ongoing property tax management and budgeting.
WHY SHOULD YOU REVIEW YOUR PROPERTY TAX ASSESSMENT?
Just ask several well-known clients of ours, property owners for whom Carpe Diem has saved thousands of dollars on property tax bills. Realistically, your assessments should be reviewed once a year, not only for accuracy, but for fair treatment within your market. Carpe Diem’s tax assessment pros, together with our valuation team, brokerage network and property managers, pool transaction, operational, and market knowledge so that you pay only your share of property tax.
Quite often, Carpe Diem will structure a fee payment only as a percentage of what you save. Yes, we are flexible, depending on your situation and needs. We want to secure your future business based on obvious net benefits. Whether through a flat fee or contingency fee, Carpe Diem Asset & Property Management partnered with AEC International will provide a proper review and appeal service for your property.
Carpe Diem Realty Management is renowned for building market-leading research reports
Can’t find the information you’re looking for? Just talk to us about the availability of custom reports and research services including:
- Location Advice and Economic Incentives
Whether looking at expansion, consolidation, or relocation, we will help you make the smartest location choices for your plant, technical facility, distribution centre or corporate office.
Further sweetening can be found in the pursuit of incentive procurements from local and senior governments, utilities, and or economic development sources. We make it a point to know these sources: and when you factor in our complete range of real estate services, you could be enjoying tens of thousands of dollars in savings just like many of our satisfied clients!
We ensure logical, defensible, and financially rewarding location decisions for your corporate offices, plants, technical facilities, and distribution centers, whether you are planning to expand, consolidate, or relocate.
We increase your decision-making confidence and improve the overall performance of your facility site selection and incentives procurement processes. Great location decisions and business investment choices can be made even more profitable when augmented by economic incentives secured through senior and local governments, utilities, and economic development partners. Our offerings integrate seamlessly with a full suite of real estate services, and we can demonstrate extrodinary savings to our clients.
SHARING THE VITAL OBJECTIVES IS ESSENTIAL TO ANY CLIENT RELATIONSHIP. ONE OF CARPE DIEM’S CONTRIBUTING KEYS TO SUCCESS HAS BEEN ITS ABILITY TO UNDERSTAND AND RELATE TO THEIR CLIENTS ACTUAL REQUIREMENTS THROUGH EXPERT EXPERIENCE AND KNOWLEDGE
CARPE DIEM AND YOU
- Combining the right real estate / site selection game plan within your overall corporate strategy
- Identifying the locations that boost profit potential by reducing as much as possible those one-time capital costs and continuous operating expenses
- Reducing risks at your chosen business location
- Discovering – and getting the most out of – any and all available incentives for new capital projects, expansions, relocations, job-building or retention initiatives, and business acquisitions.
Carpe Diem continues to appreciate a world much greener than it was, just 10 short years ago. This involves a thorough knowledge of planning, design, and real estate management within a sustainable-built environment.
With that, of course, is the awareness of clients who also are responding to climate change. It all coalesces in Carpe Diem’s Sustainability Services. Here, you’ll find the guidance required to mix environmental sustainability with real estate decisions. Bottom line: Helping your company get the most out of ownership cost, while increasing asset performance and reaching the maximum value of your real estate investment.
WHY YOU SHOULD CHOOSE CARPE DIEM’S SUSTAINABILITY SERVICES:
- Help add to your property’s value
- Reduce energy and operating costs
- Reduce environmental and carbon footprints
- Manage the risk tied to energy, carbon and climate change
CARPE DIEM’S SUSTAINABILITY ADVISORS PROVIDE SOLUTIONS FOR BOTH OWNERS AND TENANTS IN THE FOLLOWING AREAS:
ENERGY MANAGEMENT SOLUTIONS
Energy management planning and benchmarking Energy conservation project planning and prioritization Project management and post-project verification Green Building Solutions Green building performance assessment.
Our team of Sustainability Advisors provides the proper guidance in creating custom sustainability solutions for our clients’ real estate assets, while ensuring an environmental peak performance of new and existing structures and workplaces.